Typically 6-9 months
There are no pre-entry requirements for enrolling to complete this qualification. However, learners will require suitable literacy and numeracy skills to achieve the assessment criteria.
About this course
This qualification is aimed at part-time staff and volunteers who support the provision of legal information and advice to clients.
It is competence based and involves the assessment of skills, knowledge and understanding in the real working environment. It is suitable for learners of any age who have current work experience within providing information, advice and guidance. Learners will need to demonstrate that they can carry out a number of important functions including communicating effectively with legal advice clients, supporting clients to make use of services and helping them to access signposting and referral opportunities.
Learners will complete 5 modules selected from a range including:
- Communicating with legal advice clients
- Supporting clients to make use of the legal advice service
- Enabling legal advice clients to access signposting and referral opportunities
- Providing legal information and advice using the telephone
- Reflective practice in a legal advice context
Individuals will benefit from the support of an experienced Assessor.