Typically 9 -12 months
There are no pre-entry requirements for enrolling to complete this qualification. However, learners will require suitable literacy and numeracy skills to achieve the assessment criteria.
About this course
The Level 3 Award in Providing Initial Legal Advice is aimed at advisers who provide initial legal information and advice.
This qualification is competence based and involves the assessment of skills, knowledge and understanding in the real working environment. It is suitable for adult learners who have current work experience within legal services.
Learners will need to demonstrate they can carry out a number of important functions including providing legal advice
Learners will complete 3 modules selected from a range including:
- Providing legal advice to clients
- Managing interviews with legal advice clients
- Supporting legal advice clients to act on their own behalf
- Providing legal information and advice using the telephone
- Providing initial legal advice in welfare rights
- Providing initial money and debt legal advice
- Providing initial legal advice in housing law