12 tutored sessions
In order to successfully achieve the qualification all learners will be required to complete a minimum teaching practice of 30 hours. In addition, all learners will need to undertake an initial assessment of their skills in English, mathematics and ICT and be able to study at Level 4.
Three teaching sessions will be observed and assessed by the Tutor in the workplace. Learners will be completing written assignments to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding.
£1798 Voluntary Groups
£1880 Statutory Sector, Housing Associations, CIC’s and Social Enterprise
£1962 Businesses & Individuals
About this course
This qualification will develop learners’ skills in practical teaching skills and prepare them for work in a wide range of educational contexts. It requires observation and assessment of teaching practice.
The qualification can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- Individuals who are not currently teaching and training but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements, of the qualification.
- Individuals who are currently teaching and training
- Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a teaching qualification
The programme covers the following elements:
- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Delivering education and training
- Using resources for education and training
- Assessing learners in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- Identify individual learning and development needs
- Develop and prepare resources for learning and development
- Manage learning and development in groups